As we all hit the end of sap-boiling season, the need for delicious maple syrup recipes increases! I asked a bunch of blogger friends for their favorite maple syrup recipes and these are the ones I tried that were unanimously popular in our house. I know that there are many, many others out there in the blogosphere and I’d love for you to share so we can test and add them to this post. Enjoy!
- How about some Chai Tea Banana Bread with Maple Glaze from Sunshine and Hurricanes?
- Amanda’s Creative Life has this Almond Maple Smoothie as a breakfast treat.
- Kitchen Counter Chronicles shared the most delicious Maple Syrup Cake you’ll ever eat.
- These Flourless Banana Pancakes are another breakfast your kids will clamour for.
- Happy Hooligans shows you How to Make Maple Syrup Snow Candy in 3 simple steps.
- Adventures in Mommydom made these incredible Maple Syrup Cookies as part of their Canada unit study.
- Soccer Mom Blog has a recipe for Easy Cinnamon Buns with Candied Bacon and Maple Glaze. YUM.
- How about Making Maple Butter from Mama Smiles?
- Fireflies and Mudpies has you making Pure Maple Candy.
- Simple Play Ideas did a taste test for the drink Switchel, between honey and maple syrup. You’ll want to make both versions of this one – it was so good!
If you’ve never made your own maple syrup before, you might also like to check out this Backyard Maple Sugaring tutorial from Fireflies and Mudpies as well. She shows you how to make a family-sized quantity instead of the massive amounts we tap and process here. 🙂
I’d love to add more maple syrup recipes to this list, so please feel free to share your links in the comments and I’ll update as I try them. My kids say to tell you all that bacon-related recipes are especially appreciated 🙂